Skip to main content

Featured

Everyday Head-to-Toe strategies for Better Health

Everyday Head-to-Toe Strategies for Better Health Looking after your health, as you doubtless know, is crucial. But your busy schedule may not leave you as much time as you’d like to give yourself the care you need and deserve. Fortunately, you don’t truly need long stretches of free time to look after yourself — you can do it in short, powerful bursts, whilst you follow your everyday routine. Today, Redefining The Face  Of Beauty shares some great head-to-toe health strategies that will help you maintain your health and well-being. 1.  Set Positive Intentions for the Day When you wake up, a good habit to pick up is to set positive intentions for what you’d like the  rest of your day to be like. See yourself doing the things you want to when you want to. This is a  great way to get focused and allows you to set and power through your goals. 2. Include a a Quick Workout A quick yoga sequence — something as short as 5 to 15 minutes — every morning, can help you wake up, reduce the s

I HAVE WAYYYYY MORE FACEBOOK FRIENDS THAN YOU!

Sound conceited? Really? So why did you click on my blog then? Not unless you really wanted to take me up on a challenge so I can prove to you why I have more friends (both on and offline) than you AND everyone else. Are you ready to join me in my game, or are you a chicken? Yeah, I said that....chicken!

Ok, so now that we have determined that those of  you who are still reading are up for a challenge, let me establish some pretty simple rules of this game. Well, first, I would like to tell you that I did not invent this game. It comes from an old friend of mine and I just decided to blog this to get a little competition going on here. And because I love to win!  But don't worry, the rules are actually quite simple and easy to follow. First, for everything positive I say that applies to your life about your facebook friends, you get 10 points, which goes towards your friendship count. But, for every negative thing I say, and  has (or currently) applied to your friendship life, then you not only lose 10 points, but you have to start deducting (let's say about 10) that amount of friends on your facebook page....or maybe in your life as well. We are going to base this game on the past two weeks of events in our lives...only because, I think you are going to lose and it gives, you, the reader a head start. I personally think I can base this information just purely on today and win. Yeah, I'm pretty sure....And then maybe I might actually break some records for having the worlds most friends!!! So, keep reading.


Now, the MOST important rule of this game is that you are not allowed to reveal your final score or friend count until after the game is finished. Nor or you allowed to let me know how many friends you started with. Then, we can tally up our friendship count (whoever has more is obviously the winner), and I can finally prove to you and the world why I am not conceited, but I am just simply telling the truth. But, before you discontinue reading because you have already come to the conclusion that I am just too conceited to even bother playing a game with me, then maybe you should at least read a little more and give my game a chance. Or at least give you evidence to support my belief....sorry slip of the tongue, I meant truth. Oh yeah and NO cheating!!!! And just to let you know, this is my first time playing this game. Super excited to outdo EVERYONE!!!


Alright here goes my proof. So, I woke up this morning and I logged on to my facebook account and I had probably about 20-30 different comments on all of my current status posts (50 pts already!!!!!). Nearly half of my facebook friends said so many great things about all of my new pictures I posted (Another 40 points....bet I am winning so far!). I mean it literally took me an hour to read all of my comments and count how many thumbs up I got on my pictures. Not that I am bragging, but I even got a huge amount of people who added me as their friend....maybe like 15 today!! I can't exactly tell you their names though....(I may have to go back and look, then let you know). To top it off, I had sooo many emails from people asking me about my life and what I was doing over the weekend. I mean I can not begin to tell you how many parties I have been invited to this weekend, or for that matter, the past two weeks. Are you still keeping score? I am doing so well, I can hardly keep up....but, hold on.....
I just noticed right now (because I am currently logging in)  that I have about 10 people who defriended me????



Really???? Ok, well that's only a few points deducted, so it's not too bad.....Umm....actually, come to think about it, most of these people are on my facebook page that invited me to their party, when I called them all last week (because I was having such a horrid week)....none of them picked up the phone. And now that I really think about it,  I don't think anyone on my page or in my life actually showed any interest towards me until last week? (In case you didn't know, I started a fantastic job last week!). Yikes, crap....I am starting to lose some major points here. But hold on, when I was having all of those issues with my family and the lost of my job.... I'm not sure I remember any of them actually calling me and trying to cheer me up. I'm pretty sure they knew, because they commented about how bad they felt for me under my facebook status.  I believe I spent sooo much time crying and I really needed someone to talk to, I literally called up every last one of them and all of them said they were either busy, never picked up or just didn't call back. Maybe they didn't get the message I left? Hold on.....



Didn't I go to all of their parties last week? I thought we were having such a good time. Doesn't make any sense why none of them would call me back during one of the hardest moments of my life? I mean, if I can recall, when I checked my facebook page, most of those people were updating their status to let everyone know what they were doing in their free time.....Shouldn't one of them have called me if they had so much free time?? After all, we are friends, right? Well....there was this one girl that kept coming over my house everday to bring me meals because she seemed concerned when she heard I lost my job. But wait, that doesn't count? I am not even sure she is even on my facebook page? At least I have never seen her make any comments on any of my posts or pictures. And if I can remember right I think she was the only one who actually came to pick me up a few days back when my car broke down. Everyone else (although they always have time to party with me for some reason) was suddenly unavailable. OK...WAIT WAIT WAIT!


I am losing so many points right now and I do not like to lose.I don't think I want to play this game anymore. Do you?

"A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity"
(Proverbs 17:17). "





"A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.
(Proverbs 18:24)."







Written By: Te-Shandra Haskett, MBA



RELATED TOPICS