Skip to main content

Featured

Empower Your Wellness Journey With These Simple Lifestyle Changes

Empower Your Wellness Journey With These Simple Lifestyle Changes Wellness and self-care are foundational elements for a harmonious existence, blending physical, mental, and emotional health into a cohesive state of being. Setting and achieving wellness goals is vital for a balanced life, allowing you to meet your needs and aspirations with a clear focus. Simple strategies can help you maintain consistency in your pursuit, making it easier to manage daily stresses and challenges. In this article, courtesy of  Redefining The Face  of Beauty , we will explore various methods to enhance your commitment to self-care and wellness. 1. Define Your Path Understanding your personal definition of wellness is essential for embarking on a healthier lifestyle. Start by breaking down your broader goals into smaller, manageable tasks that feel achievable, avoiding the sense of being overwhelmed. Specificity in setting these goals is crucial, as it provides clear direction and focus, making your obj
LOVE LETTER TO MY BULLIES...




Former Bullies that is.


Yes, I am a person who was once bullied. But never again. Instead of hating those people years later, I have decided to write a "Thank you" note.






Thank you.....
To all those teachers who ignored me being publically humiliated in front of countless students.


Thank you...
To the college professor who refused to let me write a research paper, because it was too cultural. I hope you received my current blog via email.


Thank you......
To the classmates who ridiculed me, calling me ugly, nerdy, strange, different....


Thank you......
To those who hurt my feelings so much...I locked myself in the school bathroom numerous times, so you would never see me cry. I still use the bathroom, just not for tears....


Thank you.....
To all the parents of my friends who did not want me around because I was black. They were convinced I would never be successful and a bad influence. (My personal thanks to the kids who threw rocks at me and called me the N-word).


Thank you.....
To my "so called friends" who never stood up for me in the midst of the unruly ridicule. I really tried to change myself to fit. But, because of you, I no longer care what people think about me.


Thank you....
To the individuals who participated in the laughter against me, and still believe they are innocent...


Thank you....
To all the guys who never wanted to date me because they were afraid of being laughed at. Instead they joined in with their own cruel jokes. I can not emphasize how much I enjoyed turning each of you down for dates later on. 


Parents especially, please Be Aware!


Thank you....
To the church that turned away, when I need someone the most. I still believe in God, just not in you.


Thank you....
To the people who lead me to once believe that being black is unattractive....

Thank you....
To all the bus drivers who watched bus load of kids try to destroy my self-esteem with their cruel words. I cried everyday home from school after I walked off the bus....


Thank you....
To every person (all the colors of the rainbow) who made fun of my clothes, hair, or thought I was acting too white, because I spoke proper English. By the way, I sound EDUCATED....and I am black.


Thank you....
To everyone who made the mistake in taking my kindness/quietness for weakness. I am still kind and introverted, but I no longer allow anyone take advantage of my kindness....


Thank you....
For never caring, because now I truly understand the significance of  sharing one kind word....


Thank you....
Because each one of you, made me who I am today......ONE OF THE STRONGEST PEOPLE ALIVE....


****Dedicated to the bullies and the bullied in the world. Everything that you go through in life, you can choose to let it define you, or rise above it. I chose to rise above it.....AND SO SHOULD YOU!


"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world (John 16:33)."

Authors Note: There is no excuse for being unkind to another person. This blog was not written for pity. I survived and overcame many things in my life, so I could live to inspire someone else. If only one person becomes inspired by this blog, it will be one of my greatest achievements in this life.
I currently have no contact with any of my former classmates, or any one who has displayed constant negativity. While I did not like these people, I never hated, and I wish them the best. Hate only allows room for control. He who angers you controls you."(Elizabeth Kenny)
 And for those of you who  choose to believe that these experiences do not have a huge impact on a person....think again. I am far from perfect, and I can never forget. Although I have moved on, I am forever changed. And in spite of no true apologies made, I have chosen forgiveness.


"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you (Ephesians 4:32)."


I apologize to anyone I have not thanked in this article. There were many more, but  I did not have enough time.


Written By: Te-Shandra Haskett, MBA
RELATED TOPICS


















.